Re: NFC: Setting up tank

I dont use chillers and my outside (backporch Tanks) are 90 degrees or so
. SO i think the temp thing is overblown with most native species. And
Yes I do breed fish outdoors including Northern Species >SO IMO it would
be a waste of money to do a chiller. I would look into an algae turf
scrubber If I had 2500 to burn as your basic 200 gallon setup can be
bought for well less than 1k including a great lighting system.

I would then heaVILY PLANT THE TANK AND TRY AND DO A FISHES OF xyz CREEK
OR RIVER SETUP. wITH THE PROPER SETUP IT WOULD BE low maintanence ,
attractive and interesting especially with some non typical fish in it
like suckers and chubs and stonerollers along with sunfishes and a
catfish (madtom) or two .

Robert Rice
Save those Fishes
Join the Native Fish Conservancy