NFC: Fw: Black catfish with silver spots

help

--------- Forwarded message ----------
From: fishmanbruce at webtv_net (Bruce Schreiber)
To: president at nativefish_org
Date: Sat, 6 May 2000 21:16:32 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Black catfish with silver spots

Hi I am not yet a member but I really like the concept of keeping
natives .I have had some black n silver spotted cats for over 4 years
now in with my rift lake Africans with good compatibility .  The cats
keep the over populations of the Africans down and aren't bothered by
the adults.  What my problem is that I am unable to find any of these
cat fish in the fish stores.  The four babies that I bought were from
our Milwaukee Aquarium Society fish auction 4 years ago. (I have had up
to 3000 gals.of tanks going at once .I tell you this so you do not think
that I am A novice)   Certain times of the year these catfish show
aggression towards each other, stabbing one and other with their
pectoral fins and skinning up the back of the attacked fish.
Could these be natives? Maybe some form of
 Bull head ?  when they were young they reminded me of  the black
bullhead fry that I kept as A child .
I would like spawn them  if they are. the Adults I think are beautiful
and if you can steer me in the right direction  to get some unrelated
brood stock
and breeding  tips ,  I'd be happy
 Thanks sincerely

Bruce Schreiber