Re: NFC: Re: Large Tanks

Quoth Ty_Hall at eFunds_Com regarding Re: NFC: Re: Large Tanks:

> Thanks for the info Martin. I was wondering, can you use the new
> Halogen "Hockey-Puck" style lights on an aquarium? What would be the
> pro's and con's?

I don't know about that particular style of Halogen, but in general
QH's have the wrong spectrum for plants, and they're very energy
ineffecient.  HPS is cheap and efficient, but again not very good
spectral characteristics.

Prost,

Martin
------
"Cry to it, nuncle. as the cockney did to the eels when she put
'em i' the paste alive; she knapped 'em o' the coxcombs with a
stick, and cried 'Down wantons, down!'"