Index of Species
This is a chronological log of all measurements, changes, and observations
relating to this tank.
Continued in 1994.
- Tested water now that live rock has been in the tank a while.
pH=8.3, ammonia=0, nitrate=8ppm, alkalinity=10.5dKH, calcium =
536ppm, S.G. = 1.023
- Added sailfin tang, Zebrasoma desjardinii
- temp=77, pH=8.4, S.G.=1.0225, nitrate=4ppm
- add Tridacna maxima clam
- Add fox coral Nemenzophyllia turbida, pair of coral
banded shrimp Stenopus hispidus, pair of mandarin fish
Synchiropus splendidus. The two shrimp had peacefully co-existed
in a dealer's tank for a couple weeks, so there was reason to
believe that they were a compatible pair. The two mandarins were
recognizably male and female, from a dealer tank with about a
- Trouble in paradise: the female mandarin was seen chasing the
male around the tank, and injured him with a nasty gash down one
side. I moved the male to a quarentine tank and dosed with maracyn
to try to prevent infection. One shrimp was observed with a claw
- 5 gal water change. Male mandarin did not survive. Death due
to stress and injury.
- Shrimp has molted and re-grown claw. Water testing: alk=11.25
dKH, nitrate=0, Ca=288ppm, S.G.=1.023, pH=8.5. Alkalinity and
pH are high, calcium is low.
- One shrimp has died, probably due to harassment from the other
- Added elegance coral, Catalaphyllia dejardinii
- Added rock with large Zoanthid colony on it.
- Water testing: alk=12.6dKH, nitrate=0, Ca=288ppm, pH=8.4 Alkalinity
is still high, calcium low.
- Added Goniopora stokeski coral, brain coral Lobophyllia
- Missing log entries