[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: What should I do now?
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
- Subject: Re: What should I do now?
- From: Chuck Gadd <cgadd at cfxc_com>
- Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 14:42:03 -0700
- Delivered-To: fixup-Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com@fixme
- References: <199912302048.PAA12291 at actwin_com>
> > galloners. The 35 galloner has 3 100-watt halogen bulbs and two 30 watt
> > fluorescent bulbs. It has regular, non calcium, brown gravel. Plants
> > grow great.
> You've got over 10w/gal in there - that's enough to get a sunburn!
halogens are incandescent. Most of their energy is turned into heat.
It's still light, and more light is good, but halogens don't put out the
same amount of light per gallon as flourescent.