too much filtration?

Greetings all,

I've got a couple of questions I hope you don't mind reading:

1) I've purchased a new fluval 303 and an eheim 2213 to use simultaneously
on a 120gallon that hasn't been setup yet.  I'm wondering if there's
anything wrong with adding those two new filters to an existing 40gallon
tank that's been up for about 7 months (with adequate filtration)?  Is there
such thing as too much filtration (for the 40gallon tank)?  I'm just trying
to skip as much of the break-in period for my new tank.  And would this idea
work?

2) I'd like to get the Glossostigma to grow close to the ground.  I've read
that this requires a lot of light.  Does anyone have any guidelines as to
how much would be needed?  More than 3w/gallon?

TIA,
Emilio Ramirez