Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #1479

In a message dated 12/29/1999 01:20:11 Pacific Standard Time,

> the only way to get rid of it is to add erythromycin. You will find this
>  antibiotic in some medicine you will ask your druggist... If you are kind
>  with him (her?) you will have it without any prescription... This is what
we
>  do here in France... and you will have it for almost nothing compared to
the
>  aquaristik drugs that are really too espensive.

This may work in France (or Mexico or Japan, etc.), but it won't work in
America.  You can't buy Erythromycing from a drug store without a
prescription.  However, it's available in veterinary form from any of the
fish supply catalogs or stores.  In fact, Maracyn I is nothing more than 200
mg of Erythromycin.