Giant crypts

Jim Robinson (jim at cka_org) imported a whole buch of the C.
usteriana from Asia. This may not be the C usteriana you're
familiar with, it's the one found here:

http://www.noord.bart.nl/~crypts/Gallery/ust/ustB1644m.JPG

A lot of the time what you get as usteriana is either
aponogetifolia see:

http://www.noord.bart.nl/~crypts/Gallery/ust/ust-dram.JPG

or the "other" usteriana:

http://www.noord.bart.nl/~crypts/Gallery/ust/ust2116m.JPG

Be sure to read Jan's treatise on this plant at:

http://www.noord.bart.nl/~crypts/Gallery/ust

http://vrx.net/richard/ust1.jpg
http://vrx.net/richard/ust2.jpg
http://vrx.net/richard/ust3.jpg
http://vrx.net/richard/ust5.jpg
http://vrx.net/richard/ust6.jpg
http://vrx.net/richard/ust7.jpg

The plants arrived in pretty good shape, but had all
be cut from the rhiszome. I'm not certain if they
were grown submersed or emersed. Perhaps Jan knows
since I believe he's visited the place they were
grown.

At any rate these are THE MOST Magnificant crypts I've
ever seen. They look like a good sized sword plant
except they're shareds of dark green/olive and
purple. They are not small. Mine are about a foot
long.

--
Richard J. Sexton                                         richard at aquaria_net
Maitland House, Bannockburn, Ontario, Canada, K0K 1Y0       +1 (613) 473 1719