Gelatinous stuff in the aquarium

I've been looking back through posts to see if I could identify what has
appeared in my tank, probably about 6 weeks ago. It is a gelatinous
substance, with white spots (spores?) inside it, approx. 1/2 cm., appeared
spherical. This first appeared in the corner of the aquarium, along the
silicone, at about mid-tank level. I let it remain, until yesterday, when I
noticed more of the same along the gravel bed, and around some plants, of
varying sizes and shape. I've read that some snails lay egg clusters in this
way, but I would assume they would have hatched in that amount of time.

Any ideas?

Sylvia