Re: potassium proteinate complex

Ron,

Before getting ahold of some potassium sulfate, I used to supplement
potassium in the form of potassium chloride, KCl. I found at the local
grocery, in the dietary products shelf, a salt substitute named "No Salt"
that is almost pure KCl. It has less than 1% of other stuff, mostly
flavor enhacers and the like. I figured that dosing it as if it were
K2SO4 would give approximately the same final K+ dose in the tank, and
the additives would be so dilute as to be of no importance. I used it for
about 6 months with no adverse effects. On the contrary, the holes in the
hygrophyla leaves were gone in a matter of days and never came back.

-Ivo Busko
 Baltimore, MD