Re: Flourescent tubes

I have a 2x48" tube flourescent fixture on my 55 gallon aquarium.  While I
would like to have a better light fixture, but that is not an option at this
time.  I have read that ideally you should have 2-4 watts per gallon, but
that appears impossible since the flourescent tubes only come in 40 watts.
What types of bulbs would provide the most quality light in this fixture at
the most reasonable price?  Will buying expensive light bulbs actually make
a difference?  Thank you in advance for your assistance!

LeeAnn Talarico