Re: Flag fish posts.

In a message dated 12/13/1999 1:54:01 AM Mountain Standard Time,

> I purchased a pair of Flag fish today from Walmart of all places.
Beautiful
>  specimens.  I didn't know that these fish could take care of hair algae,
but

>  that's an added bonus.  Does anyone know what kind of water parameters are
>  ideal for the fish or are they fairly adaptable.  Any information would be
>  appreciated.

I've netted them out of the Banana River, which is brackish, and aslo from
fresh water streams further inland.  They seem to be like a lot of other
coastal killies, like Fundulus heteroclitus, which spread themselves out over
a large range of parameters.

Bob Dixon
Cichlid Trader List Administrator
http://cichlidtrader.listbot.com