Re: Feeding Fish

>Hello All-
>
>It is a myth that fish will eat until they explode.  Fish cannot be
>overfed. They know when to stop.  However, a tank can be overfed to where it is
>unhealthy for the fish/plants.  The best person I have seen explain this
>is the late Dan Quackenbush.  I'm sure many of you on here have read
>this, but for those that haven't, the paragraphs that follow are credited
>to him:

I have to refute this. I killed 3 of my daughters fancy goldfish about 10
years ago by feeding them too much. They didn't explode but did eat till
they died, they were dead when I came home from work. As this was winter
and they were goldfish the water was too cold for the food to have had
that much of an impact on it.

       Gerry Skau

       He has no enemies, but is intensely disliked by his friends.
       -Oscar Wilde