Re :golden (yellow) sucker mouth algae eater

Hi folks!

Bout this sucker mouth algae eater, could it be the golden varieties of Ottos?  Since the fish was described as looking like a SAE but behave like an Otto, it makes me felt a bit confused.  But from the first impression of the name, golden sucker mouth algae eater, the first thing I thought of is the golden Ottos.

Over here in Kuala Lumpur(KL), Ottos are labelled as algae eater by the LFS.  I don't know bout you guys elsewhere but over here in KL, we got the golden varieties of Ottos.  The LFS sells the normal dirt colored and golden varieties in 2-3 inches(golden varieties are harder to get).  As for the smaller sized, 1-1.5 inches, they are being sold only with the normal dirt colored varieties.  A month ago, I bought 6 of the smaller sized and 2 died.  2 weeks later after I bought those fellas, 2 of them changed colour to golden.  I've asked the people in the LFS, they said the Ottos come in 2 colors.  I've just got myself another 6 bigger sized normal colored Ottos, wonder if they will change color later on.

I wonder if anybody know of the golden Ottos as all the Ottos info in the web does not say anything bout the golden varieties.

Regards,
Joo
tropical KL, Malaysia

LYCOShop is now open. On your mark, get set, SHOP!!!
http://shop.lycos.com/