Doug Martin's Javamoss / Hair Algae

Unfortunately, I think the hair algae may also survive this. I have a
quarantine tank containing a few ornaments and rock. This tank has no
lighting, and even has a dark water extract, further blocking light. I can
see that a ceramic barrel in there has brush or hair algae growing on it. I
can testify to the fact that hair algae thrives under bright light, but it
can grow otherwise.

Sylvia