Sterlilizing plants

Lime-It is a product that Arizona Aquatic Gardens promotes as being useful in
cleaning the plants of parasites, disease etc. (Obviously contains lime).  I
was also told that a solution of alum and water will accomplish this. I
cannot testify to the effectiveness of either one. Perhaps someone else has
experience with either of these?

Sylvia

<< >My lfs often carries some interesting plants that aren't often found >in