re: Potassium Permanganate

From: Shmuel Silinsky [mailto:ssilinsky at mail_here.co.il]
Sent: Monday, December 06, 1999 11:31 AM
To: Aquatic-Plants-Owner at actwin_com
Cc: bailin_shaw at hotmail_com
Subject: re: Potassium Permanganate

------------------------------
I used a quarter tsp per quart with a soak for 10 minutes and it worked out
fine.  The leaves of Anacharis (Elodea) al died but the plant came back like
gangbusters, and the crypts, Amazon sword, Laeleopsis, Vallisnaria, and
Hygrophila all did fine. I also dipped Water Lettuce. Alll roots turned
brownish, but seeming no deleterious effects. I had to keep poking the
plants down in the solution to keep them under.  It worked well and I have
no unwanted nasties in my tank.

All the best,
Shmuel Silinsky