RE: Nitrate limited?

On Fri, 3 Dec 1999 03:00:40 EST, Katana98 at aol_com wrote:

I use the Tetra Nitrate testing kit.  It has read 0 since I got it.   The
next readable measurement in the kit is 12.5.  I was wondering what a better

kit would be.  Has anyone dealt with Hach?  Which particular one is the best

for us?  Also, my tank has been reading 0 phosphates ever since I started
testing with the Dupla kit.  Does anyone know how to supplement the tank for

phosphates?  What dose?

Thanks

David

I have both the Tetra and an Aquarium Pharmaceuticals nitrate test kits.
These kits give readings which aren't even close to each other. I was
getting readings of zero with the AP and 25 from the Tetra kit, from the
same water.  So I mixed up a reference solution of 15 ppm nitrate and found
that the AP kit was dead nuts on, while the Tetra kit read almost 50 ppm.

Sorry for the off-topic question, but I've decided to set up a reef tank.
If anyone knows of any good discussion lists, please e-mail me off-list.

Thanks,

Bob Ashcraft
bashcraft at medrad_com