Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #1414

Jason,

This is a big tank (and will be a lot of fun), but to hassle with the
ballasts and fixtures for 16 48" bulbs?  You may want to consider buying or
building a hood and mount 4 or 6(=better 3watts/gal),  96w power compacts.
Even better, go with an open top tank  using 4 175w MH pendants.  There are
a lot of places to find what you are looking for on the web. To name a few:

http://www.ahsupply.com  (Power Compact Kits - super bargain)
http://www.championlighting.com (Lots MH and PC and other various kits to
choose from)
http://aquaticlight.com/mhretro.htm (DIY MH kits)