Re: UGF/nutrient oxidation

> From: "Tom Brennan" <brennans at ix_netcom.com>
> Subject: Re: Sand in the substrate... (with UGF plate) , Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #1409
>
> Many
> nutrient
> ions will be oxidized to unavailable forms with all that well-oxygenated
> water flowing through the substrate, and the plants will suffer.

	Here we go again.  The _only_ ion about which one should be
concerned is iron.  The others either are in their most oxidised form
anyway, or don't have a more oxidised form that can be reached under
the conditions in an aquarium.  See the archives.

	I have one tank with a UGF.  It has been fine for years.

--
Paul Sears        Ottawa, Canada