Planning new tank - have a few questions...

I am not sure your heating plans are good. You calculations are OK but most
wire, such as the 22g you are considering, is not intended to be used as a
heating element. You will be putting 13+ amps through it, and you need to
know that the insulation can take extended periods of being hot. Also if the
insulation is not designed to conduct heat then you may overheat the wire as
the heat will not be able to escape quickly. I would think long and hard
before using any wire that is not specifically intended to be used as a
submerged heating element.

Peter G. Aitken