RE: phosphorus and phosphorus control

Roger wrote:

>>The amount of phosphorus removed by the plants depends on the weight of
plant material produced and on the phosphorus content of the plants.
Sparce planting and slow growing, low-light plants produce less plant
material, so have less effect on the phosphorus budget.<<

So a person with a tank full of anubias, cryps, or java fern, isnt going to
see much of a reduction in phosphates from the plants alone... algae
control in these type of set ups requires a whole different approach, and I
still havnt figured out what works the best for me..

Robert Paul  H
http://www.aquabotanic.com
new look new stuff
winner of the StudyWeb Academic Excellence Award
plants for sale
http://www.aquabotanic.com/4sale_prices.htm
Gallery
http://www.aquabotanic.com/gallery.htm