[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Algea and PMDD
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
- Subject: Algea and PMDD
- From: Mike Charlton <mike at rook_dyndns.org>
- Date: Sun, 21 Nov 1999 13:44:52 +0000
- In-Reply-To: <199911210848.DAA14826 at actwin_com>; from Aquatic-Plants-Owner at actwin_com on Sun, Nov 21, 1999 at 03:48:02AM -0500
- References: <199911210848.DAA14826 at actwin_com>
- User-Agent: Mutt/1.0i
I thought I'd keep people informed on how my algea problem is doing.
About a week ago, I mentioned that after starting PMDD, I developed
enough pelt algea to choke a horse. Well, I followed people's advice
and upped my nitrate additions (I'm adding 3.5 ppm per day now). I
have also cut my feeding in half and increased my water changes.
The results are dramatic to say the least. I would say that at least
half the algea is gone. The pelt algea on the old growth is now fairly
easy to pull off and I can find no pelt algea on any new growth.
At one point, I got a large bloom of filamentous algea, but that seems
to have mostly disappeared too.
Anyway, I want to thank everyone for their help.