Najas

>Date: Sat, 20 Nov 1999 12:03:19 -0600
>From: Rebecca Allbritton <rda3507 at acs_tamu.edu>
>Subject: "naias grass"?
>
>I received some "naias grass" from someone who keeps killies, & all I know
>about it is that it needs a lot of light. I don't know the scientific name
>of it, and can't find a picture of E. najas (I think that's the spelling)
>that's listed at The Krib, so I don't know if that's what it is or not.
>
>I have posted a very fuzzy picture of a floating piece of it at
>http://www.angelfire.com/tx2/bubblenest/grass.jpg There is an Ebo-Jaeger
>heater in the background for size comparison. The leaves are about an inch
>long. I think it grows in long runners, but by the time it reached me in
>the mail, it had pretty much fragmented. I have it floating in several
>tanks, and as it grows roots, I shove it down into the gravel.
>
>Thanks for any clues.
>
>Rebecca...
>in Bryan, Texas

The picture shows a piece of Najas guadalupensis. It grows when planted or
not/in high or low pH and in high or low light levels. I have seen it grow 2
cm/24 hours when planted. It isnīt especially beautifull, but very usefull
in breeding- or grow-up-tanks. A few years ago I used anti-snail medicine in
a tank and within a few hours all
N. g and Ceratophyllum had lost _all_ leaves. It is pictured in the Baensch
vol.1.

Ole
ole.t at larsen_dk
delfirstdot/sletfoerstepunktum