[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #1401
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
- Subject: Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #1401
- From: Chuck Gadd <cgadd at cfxc_com>
- Date: Sat, 20 Nov 1999 12:23:37 -0700
- Delivered-To: fixup-Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com@fixme
- References: <199911200848.DAA06374 at actwin_com>
> From: "Chang Khin Fah" <ckhinf at pd_jaring.my>
> Subject: Doubt!!!
> 1.Does flourecent tubes has a life-span?
Yes, fluorescent tubes gradually decrease in light output. You should not
wait for normal tubes to "burn out", as by that time, their light output
has been greatly reduced.
A possible exception is Triton tubes. I've heard that they only lose 10%
of their output over their lifetime. I got a few tritons with a used tank
I purchased. Can anyone else clue me in on how to tell when to replace
them? Do they actually "burn out" when they are used up?