Re: otocinclus

>Date: Sat, 13 Nov 1999 11:29:08 -0500 (EST)
>From: "Richard J. Sexton" <richard at aquaria_net>
>Subject: otocinclus
>
>>Hi I currently Keep a 66 gallon planted tank with 2 breeding pairs of A.
>>agassizi and soem cardinals and neon tetras along with a few corydoras. my
>>question is what's the requirements with keeping octocinclus?
>
>Persistance. Keep adding them and a few will survice. I think they're
>one of the harder fish to keep alive and have given up on the things.

I wouldn't agree.

I have bought 14 of them, and 13 of them are still alive (had them for 2
years). The last dies 2 weeks ago, because of a tumor.

In the newsgroups some people say all of they oto's died within 24 hours,
and others have no problems at all.

I think it has maybe something to do, with the quality of them when you buy
them.
Because there is nothing special about my tank.
66 gal heavilly planted, with CO2 and duplarit in gravel. and 60 watt of
light. NO2 and NO3 and PO4 are withon acceptable levels.

With many Thanks

Soren ' Disky ' Reinke  ICQ #1413069

Please visit my Freshwater Aquaria Webpage
http://www.disky-design.dk/fish

There you can find:
     Great looking tank pictures
     Information about fish keeping

     And the Internets first Aquatic plant search engine

If email replying to this mail, remove ' ihsyd ' from email address