film on water surface

<< Subject: film on water surface

 Please help a newbie,

 For about a week I have had a white film on the surface of my 55 gallon
tank.
 strain it off with a fine mesh net, but it keeps coming back. The tank has
 3w/gal fluorescent lighting and DIY co2. It is fairly heavily planted.

 I recently began feeding the fish (11 small ones) dried krill. Could the film
 be oil from the krill?

 TIA

 Skip...

Definitely... and/or some sort of aerosol from cooking, dust stirred up
around the tank... And you can and maybe should remove it... by "wicking" a
clean, non-scented, non-printed paper towel across the surface... or dipping
a pitcher on its edge in the tank... or contriving or buying a "surface
skimmer" attachment for your filtration intake...
Bob Fenner