otocinclus

>Hi I currently Keep a 66 gallon planted tank with 2 breeding pairs of A.
>agassizi and soem cardinals and neon tetras along with a few corydoras. my
>question is what's the requirements with keeping octocinclus?

Persistance. Keep adding them and a few will survice. I think they're
one of the harder fish to keep alive and have given up on the things.

What I like now for algae control is Endlers livebearers. These
close relatives of wild guppies, if not too well fed and
absolute algae pugs. I have a colony of them in one tank and
I added a Cryptocoryne pontiderifolia that has a few tufts
of algae that I could get off mechanically. The endlers took
care of it in minutes. I'd sue males only in a tank like yours
as they tend to breed like, well, guppies.

Any livenbearer hobbyist can get them, they're around but seldom
in stores.

--
Richard J. Sexton                                         richard at aquaria_net
Maitland House, Bannockburn, Ontario, Canada, K0K 1Y0       +1 (613) 473 1719