Re: Aquatic 'worms'

Thank's to everyone who responded & provided me with some really useful
info.  Especially about Malaysian Trumpet Snails which seem to be a
desirable tank-mate in most peoples experience (are there any drawbacks?).

Final question (maybe...) - In a well planted/well lit, suitably stocked
tank (algae eaters, regular fish, snails), if care is taken to monitor
NO3/Fe (& check that NH3, NO2 etc. remain at 0ppm), maintain the filter in
good order (with no GAC) & fertilise the plants in a controlled way with
PMDD, why do we need to do partial water changes?

Kevin