Introduction

Hi everyone,
    My name is Rick, I've just joined this list and wanted to introduce
myself. I'm 24, from Alabama and currently have a 20 gallon aquarium
that I keep a Ropefish, Pleco, Dojo and a Peacock Eel in. I also have an
old 10 gallon tank that I am considering using to grow plants. I
actually have a question to start with so if this sounds ignorant please
forgive me, I'm new to aquatic plants. Are there any plants that can be
gathered from local rivers or lakes that can be safely used in an
aquarium? I'm trying to get a "river look" to my aquarium and want a
scene that would fit the local geography. Thanks for any input.

Rick