RE: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #1379

  >Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 19:52:33 -0500 (EST)
  >From: Ed Street <br at ldl_net>
  >Subject: Re: "Bob Delon" Tap water Purifier advice
  >
  >Hello,
  >
  >I am not sure how much stuff this home depot filter really filters out.
  >Most of the filters I have seen there are nothing more than basic setups
  >that removed chlorine, odors, etc..  mostly for drinking water.  However
  >the aquarium tapwater purifyer removes a HUGE amount of stuff,
  >there is no
  >comparison as they are not in the same catagory.
  >
  >Ed
  >

  >>I use an Ametex tapwater filter from Home Depot $24.00. A
  >decent 1000 gal
  >>filter will last you 2,000 - 2,500 gal w/o the need to change the insert
  >>(filter insert costs about $13 each). It has a convenient screw-on
  >>mechanism that allows it to be attatched to the kitchen tap w/o plumbing
  >>skills. Best if you want to remove chlorine/chloramine alone
  >and you want
  >>to save money.

The TWP is a DI unit, of course that it removes a lot more than a regular
sand / carbon block type of household use water filter.

Did you guys know that you can recharge the resins on the TWP for many times
(nearly infinite)??  For more info, please browse this site:

http://www.reefs.org/library/article/g_deutschmann_instruct.html

Edward
m3
www.marine-monsters.com/fresh.html