[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: "Bob Delon" Tap water Purifier advice
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
- Subject: Re: "Bob Delon" Tap water Purifier advice
- From: Ed Street <br at ldl_net>
- Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 19:52:33 -0500 (EST)
- In-Reply-To: <199911082048.PAA08358 at actwin_com>
I am not sure how much stuff this home depot filter really filters out.
Most of the filters I have seen there are nothing more than basic setups
that removed chlorine, odors, etc.. mostly for drinking water. However
the aquarium tapwater purifyer removes a HUGE amount of stuff, there is no
comparison as they are not in the same catagory.
>I use an Ametex tapwater filter from Home Depot $24.00. A decent 1000 gal
>filter will last you 2,000 - 2,500 gal w/o the need to change the insert
>(filter insert costs about $13 each). It has a convenient screw-on
>mechanism that allows it to be attatched to the kitchen tap w/o plumbing
>skills. Best if you want to remove chlorine/chloramine alone and you want
>to save money.