Re: FW Flounder

There are two or three species of small (150 mm or 6 inches) flounder that
inhabit the fresh waters of Northern Australia.  They are

Tailed Sole  (Aseraggodes klunzingeri)
Selheim's Sole (Brachirus selheimi)
reference.  "Australian Freshwater Fishes, their biology and management" by
Merrick & Schmida

I don't know if they are being collected or bred by professional aquarium
fish workers but they are plentiful in the rivers near where I live.   They
like hard alkaline water and usually there are not many plants where they
are found.

Dave Wilson
Darwin NT
Australia