Re: CO2 diffuser

In a message dated 11/04/1999 3:54:32 PM EST, Bob Buettner writes:

<< I bought the Fish Vet diffuser you are referring to in hopes that it would
 be a low maintenance product which would only require cleaning every few
 weeks. After 1 1/2 weeks the bubbles got so large that it needed cleaning.

 I have been experimenting with different devices to use for diffusing
 bottled CO2 in my 55 gallon aquarium to try and find something that does not
 have to be cleaned every week. So far the Coralife wooden diffuser (I
 believe it is lime wood) wins hands down! It has been putting out extremely
 fine bubbles for 4 weeks now with no apparent change in bubble size. >>

Great idea! For some reason, I assumed that only CO2 reactors/diffusers can
 be used for CO2, and that "airstones" and the like can only be used for air
pumps. I am currently using the Eheim CO2 diffuser and (like you said) after
several weeks the air bubble size is in fact increasing significantly.  Will
order the wooden air diffusers (in the Pet Warehouse catalog they carry the
brand "Lee's") soon and try them out.  Linc Duffy, Pleasant Valley, NY