Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #1366

In a message dated 11/2/99 3:53:36 PM Eastern Standard Time,

<< baby flounders taht are sold in teh pet trade are babies of native species
 which are saltwater animals.  there are true FW flounders from teh amazon
 (Achirus) which unfortunately don't show up in the trade, although they
would
 perhaps be good additions as they grow to only 5" (12 cm).

 tsuh yang chen, nyc, USA

I keep freshwater flounder I catch myself. I have three that I have had for
two years and show no sign of problems with freshwater. They eat frozen
bloodworms and hold their own with all the other aquarium fish. Right now
they are in a 125. for some reason in my area you find both the adults and
the young in freshwater. They are one of my favorite fish.

Moon