RE: Green Water

> Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 16:56:41 -0800 (PST)
> From: Bob Delon <plantkeeper at yahoo_com>
> Subject: Green Water
>
> Hello,
> Water in my tank became green. I'd like to know what I
> should do.Thanks in advance for any suggetions.
>                                        Bob

I tried the usual things like water changes, changing the photoperiod, reducing
ferts., but nothing worked.  I read on the Krib about a guy who used a UV
sterilizer and a water-clearing product and had great results.  So, off to the
LFS to buy a UV unit.  I hooked it up to a second canister and let it run for
two days.  I then put in the appropriate amount of Accurel/F and watched the
tank clear before my eyes!  It's definetly a quick but long-lasting fix as the
green water never came back.  Plus, having the UV around for other uses such as
a parasitic infection is useful too.