Altenanthera reineckii/sessilis

>Date: Sun, 31 Oct 1999 23:14:29 -0800
>From: "Thomas Barr" <tcbiii at earthlink_net>
>Subject: RE: redplants

>Your un ID'd plant is likely to be Altenanthera reineckii/sessilis. It's the
>easiest(relatively)
>nice red plant to grow IMO.

Hi Tom,   well maybe this is true in your particular water. Though I have
much success with many aquatic plants, Altenanthera reineckii/sessilis
doesn't grow worth a darn for me. I have better success with almost any
other red plant.

>If it's not your lighting then it's your trace/macro elements then.

Kean doesn't say what size the tank is. Perhaps 2 watts per gallon is
inadequate for this size tank. Iron counts but in my experience high light
is what gives red plants their best colour. I think very red A. reineckii
will need more light. Anyone else?

Olga
in Vancouver