Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #1349

In a message dated 10/25/99 3:59:06 AM Eastern Daylight Time,

<< Ooops!  anyway here is my question.  Where do you find these clams?  We
 used to dig clams out of the creeks in Nebraska as a kid.  Are theese
 the ones to which you are refering?  They seemed big at about four to
 fov inches in diameter.  How would you prevent them from bringing
 diseases into the tank?

 Thanks
 Ivan

I have always used small clams or mussels. There are species that do not grow
big. I currently use a species of freshwater clam that doesn't get much
bigger than your thumb (maybe 1 1/2" ) They do well in warm tropical water. I
am big into various crustaceans and mollusks for freshwater, as luck would
have it they are seldom for sale where I live. Does anyone know an online
service where you can buy freshwater invertebrates?

 Moon