[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

RE: Water Column Defined

> Mark in Bethesda, MD wrote:
	> Simple question really, please define "Water Column".  I see
it used here
> > often, but don't know the exact meaning of it.  
The "Water Column" typically refers to the area in the
aquarium above the substrate.  

While chemistry is actually different in the various substrate 
profile layers, and is similarly different at various levels above 
the substrate depending on environmental factors (depth,
shading, circulation "eddies" around plants or other 
artifacts), it is most often useful to compare the very 
different chemistries of the "in the substrate" and "above
the substrate" environments.

charleyb at cytomation_com