[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Trace element mixes

> From: MajikAqua at aol_com
> Subject: Trace Mix in PMDD
> This may be a dumb question, but if the trace mix that PMDD calls for adds up 
> to barely 10% trace minerals...then what is the other 90% made of?

	For the elements Fe, Mn, Cu and Zn you have chelating agent and a
counterion.  Fe(III)EDTA has a single negative charge, and the others with
EDTA will have a double negative charge.  The most likely counterion is sodium,
but it isn't in amounts that will cause a problem.  Boron will be there as
boric acid or a borate, so there is oyygen there, and molybdenum will be
there as a molybdate, which means that there is oxygen and a counterion.
There may also be some water of crystallysation for some of the compounds.

Paul Sears        Ottawa, Canada