Re: Thoughts on Compact Fluorescent Lights

Richard Orr wrote:

<snip>
>they had.  My only fear is perhaps overdoing it on the
>lights and either having a CO2 or scared fish problem.
<snip>

My planted aquarium (46g) had 3 fluorescent bulbs (2 watt/g) and happy
cardinal tetras. After I replaced two of the bulbs by two 55w PCs (3 watt/g),
the cardinals scared away and now keep hiding under a large sword all the
time, except when feeding. So you are right in worriyng about fish being
scared by too bright ligths.

-Ivo Busko
 Baltimore, MD