[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]



Try setting up the ballast, remote.  I keep mine on a shelf about 10' away 
from the lamps, to reduce the heat.  The lamp it self produces quite alot 
of heat and I don't need the ballast adding to it here in Singapore.  I 
also use shielded wires to protect them from the heat.


At 03:48 PM 10/18/99 -0400, you wrote:
>I opened up the octagonal box
>containing the electrical connections between mogul base
>and cord. After three years the heat had reduced the murets
>(connectors) to powder, and had evaporated the insulation
>of the three wires, as well as the outer casing. I assume
>that there had been some sort of short which had caused the
>lamp to fail to ignite.
>I checked a second pendant which had also failed when I had
>been fiddling with it. It was identically dangerous. The wiring
>box is attached to the top of the pendant and gets very hot.

Visit my humble fish site: http://members.delphi.com/alheng