Re: Apon. plantlets

>So, if it won't produce plantlets when submerged, then what should I
>do with the flower stalk?  I am thinking about cutting it off - any
>suggestions?

Let the flower stalk find a crack or crevice in you hood so it can be above
the water surface.  It will set seeds.  When the seeds start getting big, put
the stalk back in the water so it will drop the seeds in the tank (the stalk
will rot and release the seeds).

The first time my Aponegetums (sp?) bloomed, I left the hood open for a few
days -- my fish are not generally jumpers -- until the flowerlets were
pollenated.

regards,
bob