RE: SAE's Located

>Aquamain's is one of my favorite sources for plants and fish.  I did buy
>three of the critters from them, but I don't think they are SAE.  Once I had
>gotten them home and observed them for a while, I noticed that they did not
>eat any algae and fought constantly between themselves.  When I compared
>them to the Krib article, I determined them to be the false SAE (from the
>pictures).  I talked to the shop keeper about it and he promised me that
>they were the real thing and cited two examples of tanks that were currently
>being cleaned of algae by just those fish (one of his personal tanks, and
>one in the store).
>
>So, I am now at a loss.  Is there an error in the Krib article, by chance?
>Do these guys just sometimes go on strike and refuse to work?  Any other
>reason that my observations don't line up?
>
>Hope they work out for you...and if they ARE the right fish, I have seen
>them in Aquamains a number of times now, so maybe there will be a steady
>source for them in North Carolina.
>
>Later,
>Matthew Shaffer

Hi there

	I bought 12 SAEs in Hamilton, Ontario at Aquarium Services
and when I got them home and acclimated they did not quibble amongst
themselves. They in fact like to school together. I have seen the
various forms of supposed SAEs and most of them seen to fight amongst
themselves. These SAEs are of the same description as given by Neil
Frank at the KRIB site. My 2¢ worth. Wayne.