Aponogeton "plantlets"

>I believe I've read that if you submerse the flower on Aponegeaton
>(sp?), it will turn into plantlets.

Nope. It's a different plant. The "live bearing" aponogeton
produces plantlens at the end of it's "flowering" stalk".

It used to be called A. stachysporous; then later it seemed
to be called a variety of some other Aponogeton.

If anybody knows what the status of species (valid/synomym etc)
in Aponogeton is these days, I'd appreciate hearing it.

--
Richard J. Sexton                                         richard at aquaria_net
Maitland House, Bannockburn, Ontario, Canada, K0K 1Y0       +1 (613) 473 1719