[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #1329
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
- Subject: Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #1329
- From: Chuck Gadd <cgadd at cfxc_com>
- Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 09:38:01 -0600
- Delivered-To: fixup-Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com@fixme
- References: <199910150748.DAA00801 at actwin_com>
> Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 15:18:17 -0700 (PDT)
> From: eric at alchemy_cchem.berkeley.edu (Eric Tulsky)
> Subject: Hygrophila polysperma banned in CA?
> Yesterday, the LFS told me they couldn't sell H. polysperma any
> more because it was banned in California a month ago after it
> choked everything else out in a lake somewhere. This was the first
> I'd heard of this; has anyone else heard it?
According to the arizona aquatic gardens website, several common aquatic
plants were recently banned:
ATTN: THE U.S.D.A. HAS ISSUED THIS PLANT TO BE A NOXIOUS WEED AND IS NO
LONGER SHIPPABLE INTO ANY STATE FROM ANYWHERE FROM ANY SUPPLIER LEGALLY.
Asian Ambulia (Limnophilia sessiliflora)
Hygrophila, Green (Hygrophila polysperma)
Hygrophila, Tropic Sunset (Hygrophila rosanervis)
I am curious if it's legal to trade this inside state borders?