re: Microsorium pteropus "Windelov"

At 03:48 AM 10/12/1999 -0400, Anton wrote:
>Has anyone on the list had this plant growing well? The piece I got from the
>L.F.S. manages to hold its own and nothing more than that...barring going
the
>Co2 route are there any water parametersanyone would care to suggest?My
>regular Java fern grows great in all my tanks...thanks in advance,,

I have it in almost all my tanks, all propagated from a beautiful plant I
got from Karen years ago.   The pH in the tanks range from 7.4 to 8.6, no
CO2 (no one say a word! :), low light.   The one change - due to the low
light I suspect - is that the blade portion of each leaf is non-existent;
the plant is all "frills."   One of the tanks has a pompom of Windelov
about 4" in diamter; this is my main supplier for offshoots.

I'm sure Karen's looks better than mine but I'm still a happy camper.  :)

Cynthia