Re: Blue green slimy stuff

Edison writes:

> Does anyone know what this blue green stuff that is covering my floating
>  Ricca and some of my submerged plants?  When every I pick up an affected
>  plant I can some something different about the stuff!  How do I stop this
>  from happenning, what should I do to eliminate this,  and what is causing
>  this?
>
>  Thank you very much for your help!

Probably Cyanobacteria, aka Blue-green algae, aka BGA.  Does it stink?  Yep,
that's it.

A number of treatments are suggested, but apparently an airstone under it to
agitate it and increase oxygen in the area works as well as any.  My plant
tanks have it at a certain early stage, then it disappears.

Bob Dixon
Cichlid Trader List Administrator
http://cichlidtrader.listbot.com