anchorworm and Program 101

 Those are truly some interesting questions you raise and I would be
interested in any credible information concerning the interesting
speculations you bring up. I know I am not equipped to test them so I
will leave them for others.  Generally it is wild caught native fish or
ornamental koi and goldfish that have anchorworm.  I don't normally see
it in LFS Tropical fish.  My vet friends tell me that you can OD your
fish by adding too much Program.  EG somewhere around double the dosage
may kill some fish so the dosage, if added to food, would have to be
worked out and then may not even be effective.

It generally is a bad idea to add medicines to planted aquariums since
many medications have a negative effect on plants and the nitrogen
cycle. I realize this is a sweeping statement, but that entire area of
the hobby has too much marketing and not enough credible information.
So if you can come up with some verifiable tests and results I am sure
we would all appreciate it.

I try to add as few chemicals to my water as possible, other than
those needed to achieve the kind of plant growth we all wish to enjoy.
Therefore, I use a hospital tank to segregate any wild caught fish or
even LFS Tropicals before I introduce them into my established plant
tanks.  The local LFS sells ten gallon tanks for $6.99, its a wise
investment and may keep you from dosing your plant tanks with the type
of poisons used to treat the various maladies new fish can bring with
them.