Re: Full Spectrum

>From: Jag Amberkar <amberkar at usxchange_net>
>Subject: Full Spectrum
>
>I am planning to purchase 48" Fluorescent bulbs for my new planted tank. I
>would like to purchase bulbs from companies like GE, Sylvania, Phillips
>etc.
>Please recommend me Full Spectrum bulbs in 5000k, 6500 K.

I don't know what the "etc." means.  But if you just limit yourself to
those 3 companies, I'd recommend looking at GE Daylight Ultra, GE SPX50,
Philips Ultralume and Philips Advantage.  I discuss the pros and cons of
those bulbs and others on my web site, which also has a sample of spectra
from various popular bulbs.

Hoa

Hoa G. Nguyen
Freshwater Planted Aquarium: http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Hills/2637/